Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Human Figure: Hands On

First, there are nothing "easy" in art. It takes lots and lots of practice in order to master certain skills--in this case, drawing human figure.






This is a picture from a newspaper that I drew on October 2010. I used to focus on the drawings of human figure. Here are some tips if you are interested in drawing it:

1) Have the right equipment. You must at least have a pencil and an eraser. Your mood and ideas will be limited by not having the right equipment.

2) Study the structure of human body. I strongly recommend you to study the muscular structure of human beings; in order to understand the proportions and how our body structure changes as we move.
Note that human of different gender and age have different body structure. Therefore, do you research on these four character: boy, adult male, girl, and adult female.

3) Practice makes perfect. You must have lots and lots of practice. It might look hard at first, but never give up. If you think you had enough practice, just think about this; I once knew one guy who practiced drawing six hours a day! Can you beat that?



Below is the picture that I drew by referring to a newspaper. I would not say it is perfect, as I myself is in a learning process.

This is how I draw it, step by step:

 This is a picture of a female model, therefore it explains her thin body figure.
In this step, I sketch the raw outline.



 In this step, more details are included, such as the hair, dress, and shoes.



This is the final product; after which I included more details on her face and dress. I even used shadings for a more realistic effect.


GOOD LUCK~

No comments:

Post a Comment